Thursday, December 22, 2011

Moving Day - Part 2!

November 19th - MOVING DAY!  Part 2!  In June we moved from our house of 10 years into an apartment.  After 5 months in the apartment (post on that later), now into our home of...20 years?  Perhaps!


The night before we packed up the kids and they stayed the night with my parents - that way we could disassemble their beds, pack up their rooms, and get an early start in the morning.

Last night in her room!  11/17/11
Last night sharing a room!!  11/17/11
We had such AWESOME help for the move!  Most of the guys (and a gal) from our life group and our two dads helped load, unload, and carry very heavy things up the stairs.  My mom watched the kids all day and Hubby's mom cleaned the tracks to the windows (the house was FILTHY - it still is in some places I have yet to tackle...).  We couldn't have done this without all of them - we are indebted to them and so very thankful. 

I had wanted to get a picture of the group by the moving truck...but we were a little busy!  And the help came and went at staggered times, so that made it difficult.  Another one just for the picture in my memory :o)

7:00am Hubby and I made our first run to the house (using my parents' truck)
8:00  Hubby got moving truck from rental place while I made a 2nd run to the house
8:20 My dad got to the house to help me unload and we went back to the apartment
8:30 Our life group leader arrives at the apartment to help load - he worked HARD for us today!!
8:45  More help arrives
9:00  Hubby's parents arrive at the house - his dad to finish installing the closet shelving that was put in wrong
9:20  More help arrives!
10:00  Truck at the house to unload!
12:45 More help arrives, just in time to take the last heavy thing upstairs - the one item that left a dent in the wall!  We were very blessed that we only had that little incident and no injuries with all of the HEAVY things going upstairs! 
Only major injury of the day - and it was on a wall, not on a person...thankful!!!
12:50 Some help leaves
1:00 Pizza time!
1:30 Last of the help leaves (not counting our parents!)
4:30 Our parents head home.
5:00 We go retrieve dinner for my parents and the kids - head to their house to eat and pick up the kids.
6:30ish  I have the kids check the mailbox at the house - I mailed them letters the day before so they would be the first to get mail at the new house on the day we moved in!  (I sent one to Hubby, too)
Letters to my family...messy handwriting as I hurry to get everything done for the move!

Then...the kids saw the house (with our stuff in it) for the first time!  Much excitement, of course.  Months and months ago (before we even sold our other house) the boys said they each wanted a space-themed room once we got a new house.  So, I had gotten them some bedding, a rug, and some wall decals to surprise them.  Total surprise for them when they saw their rooms for the first time!
Oldest in his new room!  SUPER stoked to have his own room now...

The little guy in his new room.  He needs a new bed!  He was in a toddler bed when we left the other house and slept in the trundle bed at the apartment...just another thing on our shopping list!  And he is not that excited to have his own room...

When we got to Baby Girl's room, the oldest said that it looked just like it did in the apartment!  And actually, after seeing two "space rooms," she was expecting hers to be a space room, too!  She was quite upset about not having a rocket pillow... (no worries - Grammie to the rescue!  She went out and bought her one the next day...)  I had wanted to redo her whole room (I have it planned out in my head), but have decided to wait until we get her a big girl bed and big girl furniture.  It would be silly to cater it to her crib and current furniture...not to mention we have a lot of other costs right now!
Baby Girl in her room (the next morning) being a stinker...

8:00ish - Bed time in the new house!  The oldest is super stoked to be in his own room.  The little guy...not so much.  He cried and said he misses Bubba because he loves him.  Super sweet.  I reiterated that he gets to have his own things in here now...his own closet...he's going to love it...be brave...etc...  We prayed for God to help him to be brave.  I said I would check on him when I got out of the shower (he was already out like a light!).

And so here we are...in our new home...blessed beyond measure and ever so grateful.  Thanks be to God!  Praise God from Whom ALL blessings flow!
The oldest made a countdown chart for move-in day...he marked it off each day with anticipation.  He wasn't able to mark off the last few as it might have been in a box... :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment