Saturday, July 30, 2011

Being a Mom Stinks...

...and I mean that in a very literal way!

So, as my last post mentioned, our oldest has not been feeling well.  This morning he woke me up before 6 and said he was thirsty.  I told him to get some water with his bathroom cup.  He woke me again a little while later - still thirsty.  Get some more water.  A little while later, I'm hungry.  ::sigh::  See, I've already forgotten my reflections of thanks for him yesterday!  It's early...  I get him a snack, go back to bed.

Breakfast time, he thinks he needs to throw up.  I rush him to the bathroom.  Nothing.  Then I needed to go take care of some business of my own.  As I'm, um, taking care of business, I tell myself that as soon as I get, um, done with my business, I need to grab a trashcan and put it by my son as a preemptive measure.  Why didn't I do that already?  I knew exactly which one I was going to grab, put a liner in, and walk it to him - I already pictured it in my head.

As I was washing up I heard my hubby yell my name from the living-room.  CRUD.  He didn't need to say anything further.  I knew I was about a minute too late in the time continuum to catch the vomit in a trashcan.  I run to the living-room and there you have it...two separate puddles, with splashage up on the couches.  Awesome.  Scrub, scrub, scrub.  Oh, and I got that trashcan ready...

As soon as I got done cleaning that, I headed off to get ready for my shower.  Then in walks Baby Girl asking for some new pants.  Then she turned and I saw it...liquid poo running down her leg.  More awesomeness.  I told hubby to run and see, while I got her cleaned up, if she had been sitting on something (like a couch?  Eww...).  We walked down the hall...and there we saw it.  The pile o' poo.  Wow, what an awesome morning so far!  How a pile escaped her diaper, I do not know...but there it was.  Hubby started to clean it up while I cleaned up Baby Girl, who very obviously needed a bath now.

I was preparing the bath, holding onto her arm (so she couldn't run away and impose her filth on anything else in the place), she proceeded to pee all over the floor.  Yup...mmhmmm...we were getting all of the bodily fluids taken care of today.

And so, you see, being a mom STINKS!

But you know what?  By the grace of God I had a smile on my face during every incident.  I giggled about it and never once got flustered...tell me that's not the hand of almighty God on this already tired Mama???

No comments:

Post a Comment