Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Changing Looks

So...#1's top tooth finally gave way tonight. It has been loose for months. At dinner the one next to it started to wiggle just as much...so it will be gone soon, especially without the buddy tooth next to it!

I haven't been dreading this day...because I know that he will never look the same again! Once kids lose those top front teeth, they just change in their looks. I was wondering if his teeth would hang on for his birthday...no dice!
I asked if he wanted to tie some floss to it and he agreed. He lolligagged for a little with it, then decided he wanted to be done. So, we went to read our bedtime story, pray, etc. Then he decided he wanted to try it again. The second time I tied the floss up high and tight - we were committed this time! There was no way we could untie it or cut it off.
We twisted it a little, then he decided to twist it back and be done. So...I gave it a swift, firm tug, and it fell to the floor. He was excited!

Little brother was in the thick of things the entire time. He actually had his head between #1 and the mirror, wanting to see, wanting a chance to tug on the floss. He was just as excited! He couldn't wait to put the tooth in the pillow for Bubba.
There's a tooth-shaped pocket on the back side. I flipped it around as I left the room to make it easier for the Tooth Fairy...she really owes me for having him put it on the door instead of under his pillow. She loves it, trust me! I just hope she can find the apartment...

No comments:

Post a Comment