So, our 5 year-old still takes naps. He loves his naps and he naps HARD. Well, until today. He will be in afternoon kindergarten, so I need to use this next month to get him used to not napping so he can stay awake at school! Hopefully the two boys can keep the noise down so Baby Girl can still get her naps...
I know how great it is that he still naps. I've heard so many stories of kids giving it up at 3, or even 2 years old...but I won't give up on napping just because they protest a few times (which my kids don't really do anyway...) Our oldest stopped at 4, I think...I would have him take some quiet time, but he had stopped napping...and once the boys started sharing a room (when Baby Girl came along), I had to stop that so he would let his little brother sleep.
My guess is that #2 will fall asleep better at night now...and hopefully sleep in? It's never really bothered me that he takes awhile to fall asleep. It gave me some rest in the afternoon while he napped, and he wasn't bothering anyone at night while he waited to drift to sleep... The boys both wake up at the crack of dawn, too...::grumble::
So, not really that noteworthy...just a little change in our house!
No comments:
Post a Comment