Baby Girl had her first dance class this morning! As a mom of a little girl...experiencing all of this for the first time...there are almost no words to express how I was feeling...sooooo much fun! It sure made my heart smile!
I have been wondering about when to start dance class. It doesn't sit right with me to spend $256 for 10 classes for a 2 year old (I'm not judging if you do this - I promise!)...but that doesn't mean I'm not tempted. Baby Girl loves to dance around our place and she actually is able to keep beat and rhythm. AND she loves dresses...and anything foofy or fluffy she automatically assumes is for dancing (even though she has not been taught this). Just seems like it's a natural thing to do for her. I talked to a friend, who is a dance instructor, and she said she wouldn't bother until a girl is 7 or 8...that it's not worth the time and money. Gymnastics, perhaps, but not dance. She confirmed my thoughts about it...but that still doesn't mean I'm not tempted!
My nieces (and a nephew) have all had dance, so I've been able to watch their recitals at their various ages. The latest was my youngest niece's first recital, and let me tell you...some of the moves they teach those wee little ones are so...well, hoochy mama (not for my niece's class, but several of the other dances were pretty shocking). I asked around about other studios and found that some are more conservative than others. A friend has her daughter in one that she says is pretty tame, but that she plans to place her in the ultra-conservative one when she's a little older. And the fees to be in the recitals...youch! So, I've just been gathering knowledge for when the time comes.
Enter Groupon. They came up with a deal for 4 drop-in classes at the conservative dance studio for a really good deal...and my friend and I decided to try it for our 2 year-olds. Fun! No big financial hit. No commitment...just the ability to try it out and have fun. AWESOME!
I wasn't going to buy a new outfit...we have some hand-me-downs from my niece...but I can't find them! When we were at the house I knew exactly where they were...but somehow, they have been misplaced in storage and I can't find them (just one in a series of things I can't find lately). Yes, I did it. I bought a dance outfit and ballet slippers for my 2 year-old to do 4 drop-in classes. I couldn't help myself.
And oh my stars is she CUTE!!! And she doesn't like to take the outfit off, by the way... She can't wait until next time! Frankly, I can't either... :o)
 |
| Started out jingling bells to the rhythm. |
 |
| Reinforcing colors with bean bags. And by the way, the teacher is french!! I loved hearing her talk and teach...very cliche'! |
|
| Her "criss-cross-applesauce" stance... |
 |
| Balancing beanbag on head for balance and posture. |
 |
| Waiting for their turn at a solo. I didn't get a picture of hers...I was video recording and giggling! |
 |
| I think the class reads a little bit of this book each week...didn't catch the title. |
 |
| Now they have tutus! |
 |
| Love her hands! |
 |
| Some partner work with her friend, Lucy. |
 |
| My favorite shot of the whole day! LOVE her pointed toe! Look at her do what the teacher does...I LOVE IT! |
 |
| Same shot - just cropped to show her better! |
 |
| Having a blast! |
 |
I don't know what this pose is...but it was funny with all the tutus!
|
No comments:
Post a Comment