Monday, September 12, 2011

Extraction

During lunch I left the table for a moment to put some clothes into the dryer.  When I came back, Baby Girl was rubbing her nose.  This is something she does often, so why did I think anything was odd?  Mom-sense...  I just had this feeling.

I said, "What did you do?"  She said, "Nose..."  I said, "Did you put a raisin up your nose?"  "Yes..."

I tilted her head back, and sure enough, there it was.

I got her out of her high chair and had the little guy get me a flashlight.  He grabbed one of the Toy Story ones that talks when you press it on - it was either Hamm saying, "I hope I'm not too late for defeating the good guys..." or Rex saying, "Rooooooar! Were you scared?"  or Bulleseye neighing.  Any one is ridiculous when you are pointing it up your toddler's nose, armed with a pair of tweezers, ready to extract a raisin.

Two items of thanks.  First, like I said, rubbing her nose was not out of the ordinary...but I knew something was amiss.  I could just feel it.  Thanks, God!  Secondly, I was able to grab that snotty raisin on the very first try and did not push it further into her nose!  Thanks again, God!

Raisins in the nose.  I wish I could say this was my first experience...the little guy put a golden raisin up his nose when he was 3.  And a golden raisin, well, it just looks like a big booger up there.  Sorry, had to go there.

No comments:

Post a Comment